LANA has Extended Testing Windows
LANA Registered Exam Candidates: LANA has extended all testing windows coming due in March, April, May and June will be extended through July 31, 2020. Please look for an email with your new testing ticket.
Within the past 24 hours, the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have issued updated guidance on measures to be taken to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 disease. In particular, the CDC lowered the number of people that should be able to congregate in the same space from 50 to 10 in the United States.
Given this new guidance, Prometric, parent company to SMT, has determined it is necessary and appropriate to close our test centers in the United States and Canada for a period of 30 days, starting today on March 17. This dramatic step is necessary in order to comply with this new federal guidance as well as to further protect the health and well-being of the individual test takers and the staff that provide services at each of our testing locations. We anticipate re-opening our test centers effective April 16, however, please note that the specific date will be dependent on circumstances that are changing daily.
- The closure will include all SMT and Prometric sites (Practical and regular CBT)
- An email will be sent to all candidates that are scheduled for an exam session between March 18 and April 16.
- All candidate exam sessions scheduled between March 18 and April 16 have been cancelled
- Candidates will receive a new pre-registration email on or around April 9th
- If they are interested, candidates can currently schedule into any open session after April 16th
- Candidates are able to reschedule their exams without contacting the SMT offices
Prometric will provide current information on our COVID-19 response and actions on our public website, www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update.
The Prometric Incident Management team continues to monitor the situation globally and is meeting several times per day to share information and to provide our leadership team with current information with which to make necessary and sometimes difficult decisions regarding our business operations.