Welcome to LANA
LANA is Going Green! This year, the LANA's 2017 Directory will only be sent to CLT-LANA therapists who request a copy. Printed LANA Directories will continue to be sent to Breast Centers, Conferences, and Physicians.
The LANA Directory is a great marketing tool for you! Make sure your information is correct on-line in order to have it correct in the printed and on-line versions. Visit your account at www.clt-lana.org and make any updates needed. Remember to update your photo and bio as well.
All changes to your listing must be completed by July 15, 2017 to be included in the 2017 LANA Directory.
If you wish to order a printed 2017 Directory of LANA Certified Therapists for yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, home address, LANA certificate number and phone number.
Note: LANA will only send directories to home addresses.
Are you aware that LANA has Board Members who serve as your Regional Liaisons? Regional Liaisons are your window to LANA and are available to help you if you have questions or are looking for a LANA therapist in your area. Here is a breakdown of the regions the liaisons cover.
- Northeast is Wilma Morgan-Hazelwood, OTR/L: email@example.com (DC, DE, CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NY, NJ, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV).
- Southeast is Margaret Secrest, PT: firstname.lastname@example.org (GA, NC, TN, FL, AL, SC, KY, Puerto Rico).
- Midwest is Katherine Jackson, OT: email@example.com (WI, OH, NE, KS, MN, MI, IN, IL, IA, MO).
- Southwest is Louisa Boyd, OT: firstname.lastname@example.org (TX, LA, MS, NM, AR, OK, MEXICO).
- Northwest is (vacant/seeking applicants): email@example.com, (WA,OR, MT, ID, ND, SD, WY, AK),
- West is Phyllis Harr, PT: firstname.lastname@example.org (NV, CA, CO, UT, AZ, HI).
- Canada is Edith Mulhall, RN: email@example.com (All of Canada)
LANA® Board of Director applications are due June 1, 2017. Applications are available on the website under "LANA Member Opportunities". For more information contact Katina Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Response to Inquiries About Starling's Principle of Fluid Exchange.
LANA® is aware that for the past two decades there has been a rethinking of Starling’s Principle. Because most references and textbooks continue to use the traditional understanding, for now Starling’s related exam questions will focus only on the traditional Starling’s forces and safety factors and their effect on fluid balance in the tissues. Exam candidates will not be required to distinguish between “traditional” Starling’s and the more recent interpretation.
For individuals who are interested in understanding the newer interpretation of the Starling’s Principle, the following readings are recommended. Be aware that the content of these readings is not currently the focus of exam questions.
1. Diseases of the Lymphatics. Browse, Burnand, and Mortimer eds, 2003 by CRC Press, Chapter 3
2. Levick JR: Revision of the Starling principle: new views of tissue fluid balance. J Physiol 557(3) (2004) p. 704. 2004.
3. Levick JR, Michel CC: Microvascular fluid exchange and the revised Starling principle. Cardiovascular Research 87(2):198-210. 2010
4. Mortimer PS, Rockson SG: New developments in clinical aspects of lymphatic disease. J. of Clinical Investigation 124(3):915-921. 2014.
This is a new feature!
When faced with illness, we strive to find healthcare practitioners with the highest level of expertise. Lymphology Association of North America (LANA) certification allows the lymphedema patient to identify therapists who have at least 135 hours of training through a qualified school that has honed their lymphedema therapy skills. The LANA certified therapist has passed a voluntary North American certification examination that tests the therapist’s knowledge of lymphedema management. The LANA certified therapist has demonstrated continued education and professional growth through the LANA recertification program. By choosing to be LANA certified, you are affirming your commitment to delivering the best lymphedema care. You are allowing your clients and colleagues to know that they have chosen a highly trained expert in lymphedema management.