Welcome to LANA
Online Educational Offerings – discounts for CLT-LANAs
LANA Educational Sponsors have given a unique opportunity of discounted online courses to CLT-LANA
specials! Here is a lists of Sponsors participating:
ACOLS – 50% off on the online
CLT Refresher use promo code LANA50
Dr. Vodder School
International – 10% off online level 1 theory course LANA10%
Healthy-Steps - 15% discount on Online Instructor Training Workshop
Klose Training – 10% off on
all online training use promo code LANA10%
Monach Training – 10 % off on
all online training use promo code LANA
LANA Registered Exam Candidates: LANA has extended all testing windows coming due in March, April, May and June will be extended through July 31, 2020. Please look for an email with your new testing ticket.
A message from SMT/Prometric:
As we shared with you in previous communications, Prometric plans to resume in-center testing operations in our US and Canadian locations where we are able to do so in compliance with governmental directives or regulations, effective May 1st. We have been working tirelessly to ensure that our test centers are prepared for the resumption of testing at the earliest possible date, in support of your organization and the many constituencies you represent. Our preparations include performing a series of activities that will confirm both technical and operational readiness at each site. In the current environment, our operational readiness steps include the introduction of several new or enhanced processes designed to safeguard the health and well-being of everyone at the center, including your test takers and the staff serving them.
One such procedural change required is the reduction of active workstations in the testing room, to conform with government-mandated social distancing standards. This will ensure proper distance is maintained between each individual during test administration. It will also effectively reduce the capacity at each location by at least 50%, and will require Prometric to displace scheduled candidates on select workstations in order to be able to preserve the remaining testing appointments. We understand the impact that this will have on those test takers and are committed to testing them as soon as possible, including looking to expand capacity through increased test center hours and days of operation. The following is additional information for you:
- Prometric will inform impacted candidates early next week of the need to cancel their existing appointment as the result of implementing social distancing preventative measures (attached here).
- The date range of the appointments that will be impacted runs from May 1st through June 30th.
- After the candidate notification has been sent, we will begin processing the cancellations and reschedules (program depending) in the scheduling system. Cancellations and reschedules will be prioritized by appointment date.
- For test takers scheduling new appointments for dates from July 1 onward, the available capacity will appear to be the same 50% that's imposed during the social distancing period. Out of an abundance of caution, we will hold off on displacing these candidates for now, but we will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed should that become necessary.
- Every 30 days, Prometric leadership will review current conditions and will determine if an extension of the social distancing measures are necessary. If that decision is made, we will inform you of further candidate displacements and will inform candidates of their cancelled appointments.
- For test takers who will be testing during this time, Prometric will reconfirm their appointment and send clients and candidates a list of social distancing and safety guidelines that candidates will have to follow while in the test center. More details to come as we finalize this communication and have a better understanding of where we are equipped to open on May 1st.
We are addressing testing operations in other regions of the world in a similar manner, by applying the same evaluation process described here.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and support as we strive to re-establish safe and reliable testing operations on your behalf.
If you are looking to schedule a new appointment, you can
search for available appointments on our website,
When faced with illness, we strive to find healthcare practitioners with the highest level of expertise. Lymphology Association of North America (LANA) certification allows the lymphedema patient to identify therapists who have at least 135 hours of training through a qualified school that has honed their lymphedema therapy skills. The LANA certified therapist has passed a voluntary North American certification examination that tests the therapist’s knowledge of lymphedema management. The LANA certified therapist has demonstrated continued education and professional growth through the LANA recertification program. By choosing to be LANA certified, you are affirming your commitment to delivering the best lymphedema care. You are allowing your clients and colleagues to know that they have chosen a highly trained expert in lymphedema management.
LANA accepts applications throughout the year for Examination Committee positions. Applicants should be LANA certified. Applications are reviewed and successful applicants will be notified prior to Examination meeting currently held annually in the Spring. Members of the Committee will serve a minimum of two years. In order to be included in the Examination Committee meeting for the current year, applications should be submitted prior to January 30th of that year. Persons interested in applying must review the “Responsibilities of the LANA Examination Committee” document at the end of this application. Please mail your completed application, along with your current resume and a copy of your current professional license to LANA, P.O. Box 16183, St. Louis, MO 63105. You may also email your completed application, along with your current resume and a copy of your current license to: Katina Kirby at: email@example.com
The LANA Board of Directors congratulates and supports ALL candidates who have passed the certification examination. The board values ALL members of LANA and their contributions to their communities and to their patients. Our recent American National Standards accreditation and the recognition that our status has achieved is valuable. The CLT-LANA certification held by certified therapists is valid and is important, as well as being relevant clinically, academically and professionally.
The LANA Board of Directors is not promoting nor encouraging LANA members to seek recertification earlier than necessary. However, anyone who has current CLT-LANA certification who would like to re-certify early in order to have a certificate that states the new accreditation status, may do so by meeting the same criteria that would be needed for recertification at their regular time. Early recertification will start a new time clock for applicants who choose this route, i.e. the therapist will need to renew their certification 6 years from the date of the recertification.
LANA® has been awarded accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ISO/IEC 17024:2012 for the CLT-LANA® credentialing program. ANSI is based in Washington, DC and was founded in 1918 to facilitate the development of standards and conformity assessment systems in the United States. ANSI adheres to a rigorous internationally recognized ISO/IEC 17011 standard for accreditation bodies, this accreditation process ensures that the organization conforms to the highest accreditation standard and represents the best practices in accreditation. ANSI is the US ambassador to the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and accredits organizations in the US and globally to meet internationally accepted practices for accreditation bodies. ANSI accreditation has become the hallmark of a quality certification program. ANSI accreditation is good for a 5-year period and LANA will be subject to on-going demonstration of continuous improvements under the ISO/IEC 17024 standard.
In Response to Inquiries About Starling's Principle of Fluid Exchange.
LANA® is aware that for the past two decades there has been a rethinking of Starling’s Principle. Because most references and textbooks continue to use the traditional understanding, for now Starling’s related exam questions will focus only on the traditional Starling’s forces and safety factors and their effect on fluid balance in the tissues. Exam candidates will not be required to distinguish between “traditional” Starling’s and the more recent interpretation.
For individuals who are interested in understanding the newer interpretation of the Starling’s Principle, the following readings are recommended. Be aware that the content of these readings is not currently the focus of exam questions.
1. Diseases of the Lymphatics. Browse, Burnand, and Mortimer eds, 2003 by CRC Press, Chapter 3
2. Levick JR: Revision of the Starling principle: new views of tissue fluid balance. J Physiol 557(3) (2004) p. 704. 2004.
3. Levick JR, Michel CC: Microvascular fluid exchange and the revised Starling principle. Cardiovascular Research 87(2):198-210. 2010
4. Mortimer PS, Rockson SG: New developments in clinical aspects of lymphatic disease. J. of Clinical Investigation 124(3):915-921. 2014.
All therapists who successfully pass the CLT-LANA exam are members of LANA. For everyone, your individual USER ID is your first name.last name i.e, sally.smith Your password is your certification number including the preceding zeros. Please contact LANA if you have any questions or difficulty logging on.